Sunday, July 4, 2010
Scripture reading
Well my scripture challenge is going pretty well, I'm only one day behind and I've been going for 3 days...Okay I'm not doing very well, but I'm trying. I'm enjoying reading the stories that I grew up with. One thing that struck me last night was the trust that Nephi and Lehi had in the Lord. Lehi uprooted his family then sent his sons back to Jerusalem, to Laban's home to retrieve the plates. When his wife was questioning his actions and assuming that their sons would never come back, he reassured her that the Lord had sent their sons on this errand and that they would be protected. Nephi's trust included knowing the Lord would help them get the plates. Then when Heavenly Father delivered Laban to him, he knew that the right choice was to kill him, to save others. I'm afraid this doesn't make sense and I'm rambling. But this challenge has been good for me. Its giving me the chance to know for myself if its a true book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know! It just so amazing the amount of trust they had in the Lord and that he wouldn't leave them astray. Its hard to imagine leaving everything behind just because you were told to. They had to have total trust in him. I think its so cool that Nephi would go and do the things the lord commanded and he never questioned it. I want to be like him!
ReplyDelete